Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lugano - Aug 13

This is the middle day of Lisa's conference so they scheduled a half day off after the plenary. Kristin Linklater was the only speaker of the week that is not a scientist. Her specialty is teaching Shakespeare diction. I wasn't that interested in the topic but it was fun to watch her speak.

Lisa and I planned to walk to Gandria (see previous post). Most of the walk would be new to me as I had taken a bus halfway there before. This way I did find the Museo delle Culture but as usual it was closed. The grounds were nice and we got to watch a swan while sitting on the steps from the building that lead directly into the lake.


It was a hot and humid day so the walk took a while but we made it, explored the end of the Olive Trail and rested at one of the local restaurants. Headed back to Lugano but not sure if was the beer, cooler temperature, or desire for food but the walk back was much shorter. We ended up back at the first restaurant we ate at Cantina Ticinese. This time, I had the lasagna and Lisa had the fried fish. It started raining as we ate but was basically done by the time we were ready to leave.

1 comment:

Tom Kendig said...

Harry, You need more comments on your blog.

I had no idea you were overseas.

Great pictures and explanations. The old Harry travel log is back!

TEK