Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lugano - Aug 10th

Today Lisa registered in the morning for the Alexander Technique Congress. While she was doing that, I went exploring.

Found the cable car that is a 10 minute walk from our hotel and takes you to the neighborhood up the hill from us.




I then headed north and found a park with a pretty nice view. The best that I can figure out is that this is a little hill side just off of Via Emilio Maraini.





Then I headed down the hill and got lost. Found a large cemetery complete with crematorium and beautiful statuary.








After finding my way back to the hotel, we decided to go on the Grande Boat Tour of the Lake Lugano with a couple of Lisa's Alexander Technique teachers. It was a good way of getting the feel for the region. They stop at a few of the towns where you can get off and explore, just make sure you know when the last boat stops for the day or you are spending the night out!!!



In the evening I went with Lisa to the opening session and listed to Marshall Rosenberg talk about NVC. Since the boat came back late we hit the pizza restaurant in the square and listened to the samba band play again.

No comments: