Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 30, 2010 - Village to Village

Everyone takes the morning easy except me.  I decide to rent a bike for a couple of days so I hope on my brother's hog (he drives, I am 'bitch') and he takes me to Lionshead village to rent the bike.  He goes exploring on the motorcycle and I head back to Batchelor's Gulch.  The ride takes me about 1.5 hours with the toughest part the ride up the hill to the timeshare.  We then get organized enough to start the 'village to village' hike over the mountain to Beaver Creek resort.  A 20 minute climb up the slopes takes us to a nice trail over the hill and down into the resort.  We have lunch and then take the shuttle back.

The evening we head to the Gerald R Ford Theater in Vail to hear the opening concert of the 'Bravo!' series.  Dallas Symphony Orchestra with Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg.  The excitement was when an afternoon thunderstorm whipped through just before the concert started.  We made it under the roof but since we were next to last row still got somewhat wet.  Nice concert but we all thought Beethoven's 5th lacked something.

No comments: