Friday, April 18, 2008

March 10, 2008

OK, had to go to Dayton this week but Asher needed a ride most of the way home because of the snow storm. Sounded good to me as long as I could bring my skis. Since this is drive by car from home, we hit the road Sunday morning after all the snow stopped. Going through Columbus we did see the 2 ft of snow. The roads were still somewhat icy and not plowed in that area. Dayton had just over a foot.

A mile from where I dropped him off, I found the Sugarcreek Metro Park which had some well traveled trails. Although they were walked, snowshoed and skiied on, the snow was still good enough to ski on. Hit the big loop and then did the prarie trail a couple of times. Good exercise for a guy out a shape. The three sisters are pretty cool.

The next day after work I headed over to John Bryan State Park. The road was very slushy but I found signs to the mountain bike trail. I ended up doing about 3-4 miles of the east end of the trail. Had fun watching the sun set. On the way home I explore the yuppie town of Yellow Springs. Most everything was closed but they had a small movie theater but I couldn't stay to see the movie because it was on my wife's list. Looked into the windows of the multiple books stores, art galleries, wine stores, coffee shops and stuff. Finally found the Ye Olde Trail Tavern, the second oldest tavern in Ohio, and had a Guiness, Blue Moon, and a Tuscan Chicken Calzone. Good conversation with the old guy next to me and bar tender (Beer, Kids, Home remodeling, etc).

1 comment:

Tom Kendig said...

No pictures yet.

I like the links though.

I'm reading in reverse order.

TEK